Thursday, January 20, 2011

Getting back to the heart of things

Tonight I resumed a dance class that I started teaching at the end of summer. It is for preschool through first grade girls...or boys, but they tend to dance with "Mr. Mike" more; he's their hero. :)

The class was wonderful, the girls were so much fun (I teach all of them at other times too). We had a great time making up our own dances in the dark, playing Red Light/Green Light with a bouncy ball between our legs/arms/neck/shoulder/chin/feet...pretty much anywhere and anyhow I could think of.

After class was over and they left, I jumped into a dance class for myself for a bit. It is the first class that I have been to in atleast a year. That is sad. But what isn't sad and very exciting, is how much fun it was!!! I MISSED taking class. I missed hurting and feeling like my legs had turned to jello. I missed the classical, delicate side of ballet that really inside is my internal makeup. It was so refreshing and was therapy for my heart. I know I have missed dancing for myself and I know that I missed the exercise and the peace ballet brings for me but I didn't realize how much.

I came home happy, truely happy. That, I have not been in a very very long time. It is almost as if I can leave all my hurt, stress and frustration on the floor and walk away. It is such an amazing sense of peace. I am so lucky to have my husband home where he could watch the kids for me.

Tonight we had a great meal post dance. I made Taco Soup and Meatballs the other day with the 2lbs of hamburger I had in the freezer. The soup was enough for us all to have a very filling dinner last night, and three bowls of soup for lunch today. The meatballs I froze until this morning and we had spagetti with meatballs for dinner. I have only made meatballs once in the last 8 years and it was a HUGE flop! Tonights meatballs?? Well, they were amazing! They were so good I couldn't believe it. I was so excited and felt like I had accomplished a huge task today!

In other news...our Christmas stuff is almost all put away. I know,it is WAY past Christmas but to say life has been full of poop would be an accurate description..and everything else that comes with passing sickness around to everyone atleast twice. Thankfully, I have bleached EVERYTHING in this house atleast twice this week. I am praying all the germs are gone!

Soapy applied for a job with the railroad that would be such an answer to prayer in so many ways. It would help out the financial aspect of our goals without requiring some drastic measures on my part and would keep him home A LOT more than he is right now. I am very welcomed to that idea.

Braedon now says, "Peace Out Yo" and it is the cutest thing! Caileigh used to say it and it was adorable too. He is also in the midst of the potty training struggle and I pray that we both make it to the other side of this alive.

Caileigh got her report card last Friday. She has received P+ on nearly everything which is the equivalent of an A+. In her gifted/talented class she has been marked mostly High with one High/Avg. She is doing so well and we are so very proud of her.

Well, I think that is it. I am going to go do a quick workout before my husband gets back from the store and then I am getting a massage...he promised and I am not going to let him back away!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment