Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hot and Healthy Through the Holidays

So, I have found this challenge through http://www.mckmama.com/ in her blog community and I think it's a great idea! Go to http://www.mannland5.com/2009/11/healthy-thru-holidays.html to find out how to sign up and participate. The idea is we are all encouraging and challenging each other through the New Year to get healthy and lose weight. Everyone will post on Tuesdays with their progress, will receive their weekly challenge from the administrators and on Thursdays there will be tips/ideas for how to make your goals a success.

So here it goes.

I have spent the last 11 months chasing my newborn son and 5 year old daughter. Braedon has had many health issues that caused me to be on a very strict diet in order to continue breast feeding. I have been so excited to see how God has used this time to help me lose weight. I have lost all my pregnancy weight and 35 pounds on top of that; a total of 75 pounds since Nov 24, 2008!!!!!

I still need to lose about 15-20 pounds and really need to tone more than anything at this point. I want to continue to breast feed but am having a lot of problems with my supply so I don't think I will be able to keep it up much longer. This scares me because then the temptations to eat freely will be back. Right now I can control what I eat for the sake of my son.

I want so much though to be able to end this year knowing I have completed my weight loss goal and all of it is behind me. I need motivation though. I need someone to push/challenge me; I am a VERY competitive person (in a healthy way). My husband travels a lot and I don't have a workout partner so I end up spending most of my workout time teaching dance and trying to take a class of my own here and there. I need someone I can check in to say, "Hey I went to the gym today!"  I LOVE TO WORKOUT and I LOVE the gym. I just need someone to help get me in the pattern of going.

I am excited that this group will give me the challenge and accountability to do this. Good luck everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow....great job on the weight loss so far!! That's awesome. I know you'll be able to reach your ultimate goal :)
    Weight loss is hard and fun at the same time.
    I've lost weight many times in my life..then gained it back :P So, I too need to lose weight now that I'm not pregnant.
    Not sure if I'll officially join the challenge but I am going to do my best to eat healthy and start workouts again. Breastfeeding, for me at least, does not make me lose tons of weight. I wish it did like it does for so many other women.
    Anyways, hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete