Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Many Blessings

I am a little sad today. I hate that I am so weepy today, I have so many blessings in my life but today I am sad. Sunday the kids and I took Soapy to the airport so he could go to Chicago for training for work. He just isn't home enough you know? We are praying and searching for a way to change this. It is getting harder on Caileigh to have him gone and to watch him leave. She cried nearly halfway home which was a 1 1/2 hour drive. How much longer can we do this? It is affecting our whole family, individually and between the two of us. It's just exhausting.
I got a call on the way home from my brother in law. Soapy's other brother, Chad, his wife got a call yesterday that her father had a massive heart attack. He only lives a few minutes from Soapy's parents and his mom was there with him when they took him to the hospital. Amanda was set to fly out from Florida that afternoon,to arrive later that evening when she and Chad got the news that her father didn't make it. They then cancelled her ticket and Chad drove her home to Texas. I feel horrible for her. She doesn't really have any other family. I wish so much we could be there to support her but I can't take Caileigh out of school again and we really can't afford to make that trip again right now either. She is 25, she should not be burrying her father so soon. Please pray for them.
This reminds me of the many blessings I have. I am lucky my father's heart attack did not turn out the same way. I am lucky he is still here with us. I am blessed to have my husband, even though things right now are very stressful. I know this will not last forever and I pray God gives us clarity and answers on how to eliminate all avenues of stress.
I am blessed to have both of my children. I can't think of how I would feel to not have Caileigh or Braedon in my life. They both bring such love and joy to my life. It saddens me to think of the 4 precious babies I cannot hold but I rest in the peace and joy of knowing my God is holding them and caring for them. That one day I will be blessed to meet them in heaven and see how beautiful they are.
As soon as I can I will post some pictures of my two beautiful children. Have a wonderful day and may God show you the many blessings in your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment